Microsoft Advertising, MEC and Mindshare today released a study entitled ‘Living with the Internet – What is Driving Web Behavior’, designed to better understand the nature of time spent online across the world. The study finds that in India, spontaneous activity on the internet has halved in the last two years as consumers, conscious of the addictive nature of the web, try to stay focused and make better use of time spent online.
What Indians are doing online ? What is Driving Web Behavior ?
- 49 per cent to communicate with others.
- 35 per cent seek information.
- Entertainment in the form of music, video and gaming is the motivation for going online for 22 per cent of all online occasions.
- 14 per cent to create content in the digital space.
- 12 per cent for online transactions.
[ Via ]