Enable Show Hidden Files and Folders – Some USB Viruses changes the registry when we double click it and disables the option to change the “Show Hidden Files and Folders” in our Windows 7,Vista and XP . Actually the registry values modification by the viruses causes this issue.
Solution to Fix “Show Hidden Files and Folders”
1. Download folderoption.reg.
2. Double-click the folderoption.reg. If it prompts if you want to add the information on the registry, click YES
3. It will confirm that information was successfully entered into registry, click OK
Mostly this above fix solves the issue.
Fix 2: Using Registry Editor
- Go to Start > Run >Type regedit on the box
- On Registry editor navigate to:
- Change the “CheckedValue” data to ’1′ and default value to “2″ (both should be “DWORD” type)
- On Registry editor navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerAdvancedFolderHiddenNOHIDDEN
- Change the “CheckedValue” data to ’2′ and default value to “2″ (both should be “DWORD” type)
Now Problem Solved